Video loading at half resolution

I would welcome any help on this! I know this might not be your speciality but I have a youtube video inserted in the layerslider and most the time it loads half way and displays really grainy. If you refresh the browser a couple of times it finally displays full resolution. This is the code for the iframe:
iframe width=“1280” height=“720” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/jobEQurdsXQ” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen>
I tried uploading a 720p resolution thinking the higher 1080p was too much but it still hasn’t made much difference. Any thoughts on how I can get the video to load full resolution? It is unprofessional for it to be displayed before it has hit full resolution.

Any help would be awesome!!

Hi There,

Please provide the URL so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

This is my temporary url

Hello @rarowley,

Thanks for sharing URL :slight_smile:

I opened your website in Google Chrome Incognito mode and video seems to be working and displaying fine. I have recorded a screencast that you can take a look. https://cl.ly/3n1x1x2v2B2i

Can you please share few screenshots or screencast on how video is showing up on your screen?

Thanks.

This is using browerstack. Although i get the same results after I clear my cache. Are there any other precautions I can take for people with slower computers? I have a separate slideshow for mobile.

Hi There,

If you optmize your images with correct size and compress them with tinypng.com for example + a decent server you should be good.

Hope it helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.