Video Header Not Loading

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have dropped the URL in the header background for the video to run but it does not show.

Please help me figure this out. The launch is very soon.

Hello @TrevisB,

Thanks for writing to us.

I tried to access your site dashboard but it seems that you are using any restriction plugin just because we can’t access your site dashboard. I would suggest you please disable the security plugin and then check and let us know. I would also suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache
  5. Child Theme

If none of those work, it would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hey there. I deactivated the plugin. Please proceed.

Hello @TrevisB

I tried to access your site dashboard but the given login details are not working, please recheck and send us again.

Thanks

That was my mistake. Just added a Secure Note with the updated details.

Hello @TrevisB,

Thanks for sharing the correct login details I went ahead and checked your settings it seems that you have set the Youtube video URL in the background video source just because it is not working. I would suggest you add the self-hosted MP4 format video link in the Background video source. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I actually have the video in the media section. I’ve tired that and received the same result.

Hello @TrevisB,

I checked your media files it seems that you have uploaded the video files in the MOV format, as I mentioned in the above post you need to upload the video in the MP4 format. Please have a look at this article. https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/functionality/media/video/

Thanks

My apologies. I uploaded the MP4 and replaced the URL but it’s still not showing.

Hello @TrevisB,

I checked your site settings it seems that there is a plugin conflict, I would suggest you temporarily deactivate the Jetpack plugin and then check it again. Please note we don’t provide any third-party plugin support. It is out of the support scope.

Hope it helps
Thanks for understanding

Understood and that was it. Thank you so very much!

You are most welcome, @TrevisB.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.