Video grid portfolio

I am trying to create a Video Animation Store to sell template based video animations as part of specific Video Agency that would be part of an overall Digital Agency. I haven´t picked up which stack to use. So I would like to ask for some guidance on which stack is best suited to my needs.

So basically I would have on the same WP instalation of some X-Theme Stack the following:

Digital Agency ( Main - Site)
Video Animation ( Branch - Page )
Video Store ( Sub Branch - Page - e-Commerce )
Site Creation ( Branch - Page)
Social Media Management ( Branch )
etc…

Features that I am looking for:

  1. Video Portfolio Itens that can be displayed in a filterable grid ( based on types / niches / keyword for the templates that I have: Cinematic, WhiteBoard, Avatar, etc… / Gym, Restaurants, Hotels, etc… / Man, woman, billboard, cup, ball, etc… )
  2. Being able to play the video in the grid to see it in action without having to open the full portflolio item in a window.
  3. E-commerce support for customizable items. Depending on the type of animation, different information and files will need to be send to me. Example: Video Animation type1, price 50$, Logo file, Image 1 file, Image 2 file, Text 1, Text 2, Text 3. Once bought I need to receive an email will that I need in order to render the final video animation with customer files and texts.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this? Which Stack and add-ons to use in order to achieve these goals?

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

Hi Paulo,

1 - You can use Any Stack, if you like the layout of agency demo you can start from there, it uses Ethos which is my personal favorite stack also.

2- You can achieve that using The Grid addon that comes with X, it offers some really awesome layouts.

3- You need to find some woocommerce plugin that offers this functionality and works with X, unfortunately, we cannot recommend any specific plugin, you will need to search yourself. You can also consult the facebook group X and Pro Users which counts with around 12k members and there are a lot of pro-active members willing to give you advice,

Hope it helps!

Thanks a lot Joao.

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

Thank you! :slight_smile:

A follow up question. I saw that I am elegible for the Pro upgrade. From what I´ve seen it is a one direction upgrade, meaning no turning back to X theme once I´ve migrated to Pro.

I don´t have any active X Theme site at this moment. From what I´ve already told you about my project, would I loose anything important to my project if I ugrade to Pro?

Where can I see the types of templates and extended demos I will be able to use with Pro?

Regards,

Paulo Tebet

Hi Paulo,

Pro does not offer expanded demos, but you can load the demo before upgrading to PRO actually and you will not lose anything.

At this stage, I believe PRO is a more interesting theme if you are aiming for more complex headers and footers, if you are happy with the features of the header of X, I would stick with X because there is not really advantages then, at this stage, and you can always perform the upgrade in the future.

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Paulo

You are welcome!