Video element and background videos stopped working today

I know I’m not the only one to experience this issue, but as of this morning all my videos using the video element in Pro stopped working unless I switch them all over to using the youtube embed instead of the link.

Also, all lower layer background videos stopped working as well.

Any idea what’s going on with that? I’m exclusively using videos from youtube if that makes a difference.

Hello @designerkev,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of cache or any plugin conflict or maybe a custom CSS/JS issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Turns out to be a plugin conflict. the plugin WP Ultimate Recipe seems to be the culprit. With this plugin installed, which we’ve been using for a couple of years at this point and have about 50 recipes posted, seems to disable any background video, even self-hosted .mp4 videos. We like this plugin because of the built-in search and filter widget it comes with that we can use to filter the recipes by several different taxonomies.

Hi @designerkev,

We are not aware of the said plugin and the conflict you are talking about. Although it is a 3rd party plugin issue, we are still curious to know the reason behind that. Please note that we do not guarantee a fix nor compatibility for conflicting code.

If the issue persists with only our updated parent theme, I would request you share the login credentials of your site in a secure note to investigate.
Please include the following details:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.