Video control bar always visible on mobile

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me?

I have just uploaded a video to one of my clients’ sites, all works well with the new video, except that on a mobile the control bar is always visible - it disappears as expected on desktops and laptops and if the browser is resized. I’m using Chrome on my Android mobile if this makes a difference. Is it possible to move the control bar below the video?

I’ve reverted to a Vimeo feed for the time being on this site, but I do have a development site where I’ve placed a video temporarily so that you can try it out on a mobile. See link in secure note.

Hey there,

Yes, the controls doesn’t automatically hide on mobile. You need to tap outside of the video for it to disappear. X uses the built-in video player in WordPress and it has no option to auto hide the controls on mobile. You might want to use Embedded Video instead.

Thanks.

Thanks, Christian.

The client didn’t want a Vimeo or YouTube embedded video with their logo branding on his video, so I went for another plugin instead (I’m really trying to keep plugins down to a minimum).

Thanks for your help.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.