Video Autoplay .MP4 Not Working

I cannot get my video that pops up on a button to autoplay when I have it as an mp4 file link on my site www.barkinglife.com I can make it work with if use a youtube of vimeo link but not as an .mp4. I have tried both " href=“https://www.barkinglife.com/wp-content/uploads/pet-sitting-in-katy-video.mp4?autoplay=1” and " href=“https://www.barkinglife.com/wp-content/uploads/pet-sitting-in-katy-video.mp4&autoplay=1” at the end of the file name. It makes the file download instead of playing.

[button class=“btn-lightbox” href=“https://www.barkinglife.com/wp-content/uploads/pet-sitting-in-katy-video.mp4” title=“A video about a unique service to solve your pet care worries.” lightbox_video=“true”][icon type=“play-circle”]CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE[lightbox selector=".btn-lightbox"][/button]

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, this URL/parameter works: (I’ve tested it on my dev site)

/wp-content/uploads/videos/pet-sitting-in-katy-video.mp4?autoplay=1

This is more likely a server-side issue, try adding this to your .htaccess file.

AddType video/ogg .ogg .ogv .ogm
AddType video/webm .webm
AddType video/mp4 .mp4

If this did not work, please contact your hosting support on how you can autoplaying an .mp4 video, instead of downloading.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.