Video Above Masthead Stopped Working

Not sure why, but I just noticed our video above masthead on our homepage is no longer working. Oddly, when you edit the page via Cornerstone, the video plays in the editor as per normal. The still image on mobile (above masthead) isn’t working either. I disabled my cache plugin which I thought might be causing an issue, but it didn’t fix it. I haven’t changed the masthead video settings in years. Can you help me debug and solve? Thanks!

https://joinkale.com - video is supposed to be right up top. Now, it’s just a black background with the Revolution Slider words over top.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! It turns out that you use .webm format for your video. Please keep in mind that this will not work in some browsers:
https://caniuse.com/#feat=webm

I would recommend that using the “Hand Brake” (https://handbrake.fr/), please convert your video into .mp4 and .ogv because this is needed to make sure that the video will play across all browsers.
https://image.prntscr.com/image/LjmvjszFTOaZIe4197Quog.png

Hope this helps.

Is the Cornerstone “Slider Settings - Above Masthead” setting not working anymore? I’ve always used that for the video and the Video Poster Image. If I’m understanding correctly, you would suggest removing the settings from Cornerstone and then adding the video to Revolution Slider?

Also, why is the Video Poster Image no longer working?

Hi delfinparis,

I’ve just double checked these settings and I’m sure they are working fine, the thing is that your slider must have a transparent background in order to reveal the video behind it and the poster on mobile devices.

If you are sure that the slider has a transparent background and you still can’t see the video then please provide us with WordPress Dashboard login details in a “Secure Note” so we can investigate this issue.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.