Versions of Pro and Updates?

I received and update to x pro recently as shown on attached screenshot. I believe the correct combination is my x pro child theme and pro vs. x pro. The issue is that I can not remove the s pro version. Tried to update to see if that allowed removal but just get the error message shown.

Guidance?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, actually the correct combination is Pro - Child Theme and PRO (https://prnt.sc/fu6lk3).

If you’re curious why we renamed X Pro to just Pro, please read this post (https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/x-pro-is-now-pro-what-you-need-to-know-and-do/)
(note: please manually open that link in a new tab as this new forum prevents you from navigating to the old forum.)

If you can not delete the X Pro from the admin dashboard, please delete it via FTP (\wp-content\themes), as it seems you’re having a permission issue.

You need to update your child theme folder name to pro-child and also update the child theme’s style.css file header to this:

/*

Theme Name: Pro – Child Theme
Theme URI: http://theme.co/pro/
Author: Themeco
Author URI: http://theme.co/
Description: Make all of your modifications to Pro in this child theme.
Version: 1.0.0
Template: pro

*/

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

OK. I was able t delete the x pro theme and made sure my child them folder was labeled correctly with the correct header info. My child theme does not look like the image you provided however - see new screenshot attached. My child theme styling is not being applied (I think). The page “flashes” the correct look/styling and then reverts to a non-styled look.

Not sure it is relevant to this issue but when I change between pro and child theme, I am taken to the Xpro admin page rather than staying on the theme admin page. It does however appear that the theme selected did change. I also switched to 2016 theme and back, saving permalinks but still not picking up my child theme styling.

Thoughts?

Hi There,

Don’t worry about the child theme image, that can be anything actually. And also the redirecting to Pro > Overview when you switch to Pro or pro-child is just normal.

Now regarding to your child theme styling issue, was it a custom CSS that is not working? or is the site overall styling is kind of mess up? If it is the later, please clear any caching plugin and feature the site might have. especially a CDN caching (like CloudFlare) or internal caching from your hosting provider. To make sure that your site is serving you the latest/updated files. And your browser’s cache too, please clear it.

Another thing can you confirm that you have this line on your child theme’s functions.php file?

add_filter( 'x_enqueue_parent_stylesheet', '__return_true' );

If it does not exist please add it.

If this does not resolve the issue, please provide us login credentials in “Secure note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.