Vers. 6.x.x License field and Auto Update

One of my sites updated to 6.x.x. It appears the location for where you enter the license number in Wordpress has changed? Also, I cannot find in my WordPress dashboard where to turn off auto-update for the theme. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of version compatibility issue, I would suggest you please make sure you are using your theme, plugin, and WordPress version is updated as per our version compatibility.

I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I sent a secure note with login credentials. Everything on this site is up to date.

I found (through the Bluehost Plugin) a way to toggle the auto updates on and off; however, if you view the attachment below, you can see on the right vers. 5.1.5 has the ability to update from the WP Themes directory and on the left vers. 6.0.5 does not have this ability. Rather odd, no?

I still cannot find the field where you enter the license number. Perhaps it only shows if the theme does not have a license code entered?

Thank you.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

Your Bluehost plugin is causing the issue.

This plugin automatically connects to BlueHost WordPress manager and the manager automatically updates the theme and plugins which is not ideal. You should be testing the updates in a staging area first to make sure that there aren’t any issues and incompatibilities because you do the updates in the main site.

Best Regards.

Yes. That is why I want to disable auto updates. Please note, both of these websites are using the Bluehost plugin, so there’s a conflict with vers. 6 but not with vers. 5.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

The atelierro site is using the Pro 6.0.5 already. Please provide the URL of the site that is using the Bluehost plugin and still using Pro 5.1.5 version.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.