VAT treatment of different products not permitted by woocommerce, working around with Pro

OK, so my final problem!

Half of the woocommerce store is second hand goods, upon which VAT is not calculated in the same way as regular goods. The other half is normal VAT on the total price of the products (25% in Sweden). I have tried so many different workarounds to be able to meet requirements.
I have adjusted the rates so the calculations should be ok. However by law, I have to state when a good is subject to VAT ad when it is not. I just want to add a text next to the price according to a custom field I have made. Can you advise? Thanks!

Also, I want it to actually show which rate Im using. So for example I have a VAT rate called Simplified Margin VAT, which is used. But its not showing it at the front end. I’ve missed a toggle somewhere…!

Hello, @louisaleontiades,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that there might be an issue with WooCommerce tax settings, I would suggest you please have a look at the doc to learn more about setting up Taxes in WooCommerce.

I would also suggest you please make sure your theme, WordPress, PHP version, and WooCommerce extension are compatible as per our version compatibility page. I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi

I wasnt aware that I had described a bug. I thought this was a functionality I was trying to achieve. Woocommerce permits a global suffix after each price. I would like a suffix per type of VAT.

Thanks

I’m not part of the support team, but I think something like this can quite easily (“easy” depending on how well you know this stuff, of course) be done by setting up custom fields with ACF and Pro’s Layout Builder.

You would add two new headline elements next to your product price element. One could say “incl. 0% VAT” and the other “incl. 25% VAT” or whatever you want.

Since doing that will simply show two new headlines simultaneously, you’ll want to set up conditions so that the headlines only show whenever they need to be shown.

So you could create a “True/False” custom field in ACF and display it on the product page’s backend. The “True/False” field will show up as a simple checkbox toggle, which you could name “Second-hand product?” for example. You’d then tick that new toggle on all products that are second-hand.

(You can reverse the logic, of course, if you have more non-second-hand than regular products since you probably want to tick as few checkboxes as possible.)

Next, you would add a condition to the headline element that says “25% VAT” and tell it only to show whenever that new checkbox is not toggled. This would also make it the default since, by default, the custom checkbox won’t be toggled, so all products would automatically show that they include 25% VAT. You’d add the opposite condition for the “0% VAT” headline. So you’d tell it to show whenever the custom checkbox is toggled.

What you’re essentially doing is this:
If second-hand checkbox is ticked, show headline 0% VAT .
If second-hand checkbox is not ticked, show headline 25% VAT .

The condition type you’d add would be a string condition.
So the condition for the 25% VAT element would be:
{{dc:post:meta key=“second-hand_product”}} [is] 0 <- 0 meaning the checkbox is not checked.
And for the 0% VAT element would be:
{{dc:post:meta key=“second-hand_product”}} [is] 1 <- 1 meaning the checkbox is checked.
Doing it this way would also ensure that both headlines never show at the same time since they can’t be checked and unchecked at the same time.

There are of course countless other ways you could achieve this. If you have hundreds of products and ticking a newly added checkbox on all of them would be a pain, you could set up a category-based condition. So if a product is in category x, show the 0% headline. If a product is not in category x, show the 25% headline.

Since I do a lot of this stuff with conditions on my site I thought I’d quickly chime in and try to help, but I just realized that my giant explanation here might be more confusing than helpful. Sorry if that’s the case :smiley:

@louisaleontiades,

The response of @Oguzhan above has been explained in detail. It should be able to help you accomplish what you have in mind.

@Oguzhan, Thank you for chiming in. We really really appreciate it.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.