Various Nav bar Colors

Hi,
I would like make by nav bar different colors on certain pages. What do you recommend is the best way to achieve that look?

Hello @quituck,

Thanks for writing in!

You can use page id feature and the navigation class name to style the nav bar separately on each pages. Here’s a sample CSS that you can take a look.

.page-id-3239 .x-navbar {
    background-color: #ededed;
}

In above code, you need to replace 3239 as that’s the page id. To find out page id, please take a look at following resource:

Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you. I have another question. If use the cornerstone navigation inline element how can I get it to switch to the hamburger style / stacked menu on mobile because it stays full width on all screens.

Hi @quituck

I had the same question by the past and with a little search on Google :smiling_imp: i found this solution :

Have a good day :wink:

Thank you for your contribution @Jaadra

@quituck … We also have a detailed guide on hide during breakpoints feature in our knowledge base section here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/hide-during-breakpoint-explained/17378) which should help you to implement different elements on different devices or screen widths.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Problem solved. Thank you!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

If I wanted to change the logos per page in my nav bar what do you recommend is the best way for me to do this?

Hello @quituck,

For this kind of change, I will recommend you to upgrade to the pro version and will have access to a lot more customization for your header.

For Cornerstone, you will need to add some custom CSS on the page you need another logo. Here is a great starting point example to do that.

.x-brand {
    background: url('image.jpg') center center no-repeat;
    background-size: 100%;
}

I will consider upgrading at a later time.

The css worked, the only problem using the above CSS is now I have two logos images in the nav bar.

How to I hide the default logo?

Thank you!

Hi @quituck ,

Try also adding this on Cornerstone page CSS:

.x-brand img {
    opacity: 0;
}

If you still have issues regarding this, please share exact URL so we can check properly. Thank you.

That Worked Perfectly. Thanks!

You’re always welcome!

Cheers.

My next questions is how to I set up a global block for my topbar. I’m currently using the Renew stack.

In my child theme I followed this path >>> (x-child/framework/views/global/_topbar.php) to set up the global block using the following code:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/GLOBAL/_TOPBAR.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Includes topbar output.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php if ( x_get_option( 'x_topbar_display' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<div class="x-topbar">
    <div class="x-topbar-inner x-container">
   		 <?php echo do_shortcode( '[cs_gb id=223]' ); ?>
    </div>
  </div>

<?php endif; ?>

That did not work. Do you know what I did wrong? Do I not have the topbar.php file in the right location?

Hi @quituck,

That’s from old theme, the new file path should be /x-child/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/global/_topbar.php. Then make sure the child theme is active.

Thanks!

Perfect! Thanks Again!

You’re welcome, @quituck.

My shop page using my renew stack says “false”. How can I change the title? I don’t see any options to change the woocommerce shop page title in my customize settings.

Hello @quituck,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You can change the Shop page title from X > Theme Options > Renew > Shop Options > Shop Title.

Thanks.

Perfect Thank you.