Various issues after taking control of site again

Hi,

I built a site using X in 2015 and loved it. At first I managed the site for the client, but after a while the client bought someone else in to manage it for him. The “manager” made a load of changes to the site and didn’t do any updates and then was sacked. The client then asked me to take over managing the site again and roll back all the changes that had been made.

I have been slowly sorting through things and removing the unwanted new features and trying to prepare the site for doing updates. Currently the site is running the latest version of WP, X v 4.6.4 & Cornerstone v 1.3.3

I have various issues to sort out that I can’t seem to work out on my own and could do with some help.

1 - First Issue is the header menu seems to be not centred correctly. Funny if I go into the customizer it display correctly but on the live site doesn’t. I have looked through the functions.php and style.css and can’t seem to find anything which effects this. I have removed some custom elements from the menu that had been added.

2 - The next issue is that all my pages now have a last modified bit on the bottom of them. When I built the site you gave me some code for the functions.php which was supposed to get rid of these. That code is still in the functions.php but it no longer appears to be working. See here - https://www.evernote.com/l/AHZL8ebpCLxAAadveKgjCICdwn5DTcVXfkAB/image.png

I will keep all my issues on trying to get this site back under control and updated to the latest verion to this thread and handle them one at a time.

Thanks in advance for you help, I will post login details for the site on a secure note.

Regards,

Mark

Edit to add: Issue 1 seems to have corrected itself, not sure why but no worries it’s sorted now. Still have an issue with the last modified info showing on the bottom of each page though.

Hi There,

Please add the following CSS to Customizer > Custom > CSS

.hatom-extra.hidden {
display: none;
}

Hope it helps!

Works perfect thank you :slight_smile:

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.