Validation Issue - "Could not establish connection..." Message

Hi - I just purchased a registration for the X theme. When I enter the code on the Product Validation page and press the “Submit API Key” button, I receive the following message:

“Could not establish connection. Please ensure your firewall is not blocking requests to theme.co”

Running Windows 10 and the Edge browser with all the most current updates installed. I work from home and am using the default settings for my Apple Time Capsule router, so I wouldn’t think there are any firewall issues. Also, by posting this message, it shows that I am able to reach this support forum on the theme.co domain.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Hello @tstanfar,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Are you developing the website on localhost or using a web hosting company? If you are using a web hosting company then kindly get in touch with support to check whether or not there firewall is blocking theme.co requests.

You can refer following article for more information and potential solutions:

Thanks.

Thanks, but that wasn’t the solution. The website was using a really old (v3.2.2) version of X. After I upgraded to the current version of X, I was able to register. Of course, the next problem is trying to fix all the stuff that doesn’t work right anymore in the child theme. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Please let us know if you have any question about the child theme.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.