V5.0.8 featured image on blogs now blank

Hi Support,

Updated to V5.0.8 on Pro and the blog featured images are now all black. Any ideas?

Just noticed if im logged in it shows but not if im logged out

Hello @craig11,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of cache or plugin conflict, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Thank you. The problem is it worked perfectly fine before the upgrade and the theme is terribly slow without the caching.

Would this happen every time we do an update?

Hello @craig11,

It is always a good practice to clear the cache whenever you update theme, plugins, or WordPress core so that the latest code renders properly. I would also recommend you take a backup of the database and site files before updating anything on the site. In case if you thinking about site speed please have a look at our doc the learn more about how to improve the site performance.

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

So the imagify image optimisation plugin no longer works on V5.0.8 which is weird because it worked perfectly on 5.0.6 before the update. Its a fantastic image optimisation plugin and i am on the paid plan for the webp image compression so really dont want to lose it. Please help.

This is when imagify tag is used (the recommended setting)

This is when i am using the rewrite rules option - the spacing is all out on the blog. Both look terrible

Here is the setting on imagify:

Hello @craig11,

Thanks for sharing the login details. I have checked the site settings and deleted the cache it seems that the blog posts featured image is rendering fine now. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. If the issue still persists please let us know.

Thanks

Hi Prakash,

Unfortunately not. As explained if i enable the picture tag on imagify the blog post featured images still do not display. I have left this as is now for you to see.

Please can you check what has gone wrong.

Hello @craig11,

The lazy loading feature of the Jetpack plugin may be causing the issue. Please go to Jetpack > Settings > Performance. You will have to clear the plugin cache since you have installed the WP Super Cache plugin and then lastly, you will also need to login into your Cloudflare account and purge your site cache or at least enable the development mode while we are troubleshooting your issue. We have a hunch that this is just between the lazy load and the site cache issue.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.