V2 Button is stripping "%" from URLs

I’m inputting the proper URL into the URL box, and that URL contains the character ‘%’ as part of it. This is being stripped in the resulting button href code.

I’m guessing you are doing an URL decode on the string or something else to sanitize it and it’s stripping out the % which is making the URL go to a 404.

Here is a sample URL: https://example.com/146ee8933f72a2%3A135d97d2fb46dc/5756773239619584/

This is generated as: https://example.com/146ee8933f72a2135d97d2fb46dc/5756773239619584/

So, it is URL decoding the “%3A” (which actually decodes to a colon) and stripping it out.

I’ve had to add in a manual redirect into the .htaccess file to bypass this behavior (ie use the URL example.com/redirect in Cornerstone, then have that redirect to the real URL with the % in it).

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I can confirm that but it’s unavoidable since there is a need to filter out the data being passed. Which also makes some HTML being stripped. I’ll add this to our issue tracker, but for the meantime, instead of adding %3A, you can directly add the : and it should work. I tried it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’m not trying to add in a colon. I know I could put that there…it’s seeing the % in the URL and thinking the URL is url-encoded which it is NOT. I need the percent sign to stay in the URL string.

What I said was it was seeing it as URL-encoded and therefore was decoding the three characters of %3A as being url-encoded…which it is NOT.

Thanks for adding it to the issue tracker. I’m sure I’m not the only person who will encounter that as an issue since we can’t always control the URL we put in there. :slight_smile:

In this case, you will need to use the Classic Button for now because this has no solution yet.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Thanks.

Thanks! Will keep watching…

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.