Using WPML with new Cornerstone update Oct 2017

The updated Cornerstone editor works well for me, however when I create a post, with text, save, then return to the post list; once back at the post list, I will click on the translation “+” for the first language translation. The new window opens up, and instead of seeing the English text I need to translate into French, I get this:

[cs_content][cs_element_section _id=“1”][cs_element_row _id=“2”][cs_element_column _id=“3”][cs_element_text _id=“4”][/cs_element_column][/cs_element_row][/cs_element_section][/cs_content]

The result is nothing to translate.

Jon

Hi there,

Thanks for posting in.

You mean you’re translating the shortcode content instead of the actual builder content? Please check this video for proper translation https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oq0a5f7s2fd852/CornerstoneTranslation.mp4?dl=0

Thanks!

Thanks for the video, I looked it over and the version of Cornerstone you are using is the older one. I had no issues with using WPML and the older version. What happens now, I build a page in English using the Cornerstone elements, then save. When I click on the “+” link to move to the translation, it moves over the short code with no content to translate.

Before I would see the English text on the left in the translation editor, move the English into the translation box on the right side, pull out the English text and translate, save the content and exit.All worked well, using the Cornerstone elements and translating the text. Now I get nothing but css, it is like WPML is picking up the Cornerstone element, without any text.

I have tried to duplicate a page, go back into Cornerstone on the duplicated page, and I can’t use Cornerstone, as it freezes. I have concluded that there is an internal setting with the new version (which is excellent) of Cornerstone which only duplicates the css and not the text body.

If I don’t use Cornerstone, and use the regular text editor there is no conflict. What I am having to do at the moment is use the regular text editor to build pages, which defeats the use of the Cornerstone elements. Somehow this needs sorted out, as I would take the educated guess that many others using the updated page builder are having the same issues.

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi there,

Regardless of version or what builder, it should be the same procedures. Looks like what you’re doing is translating the content part by part instead of duplicating the whole page to another page. Though, I’d like to see what you’re doing, would you mind providing a video recording? And please provide your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.