Using Tabs in a Looper is breaking

I am using Pro 5.1.5 and have a looper set up to cycle through a custom post type (Looper Provider) and then create columns (Looper Consumer) for each entry. Within those columns, I am using the “Tabs” element - it’s working fine from a visual display perspective, but is broken when it comes to interaction.

Clicking on any of the tabs in ANY Tab element will change it for ALL of the Tabs on the page - not just the singular Tab element that is being clicked on.

Any ideas on this?

thanks
Dan

Hey Dan,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your setup properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

OK - secure note sent! thanks!

Hello @dgoldwas,

Thanks for updating in! I have checked your page element structure. Please be advised that the Tabs element cannot be use inside a Looper nor it can be used as a Looper. It is because each of the tab elements has a unique identification that connects with each of the tab contents. When it is inside the Looper, these identifications is not generated and they will all share the same ID. This is why if you notice when you click on the tab element, all other tab elements will be triggered as well. We suggest that you use a different element structure setup because the current one is not possible when using Tabs element.

Best Regards.

Yea that’s kinda what I figured. Hopefully they can add some future functionality to the Tabs element to allow it to be inside a Looper.

thanks!
Dan

You are most welcome, Dan.

Hey, please add this to the feature requests list :slight_smile:

Seconded!!

Hey There,

The feedback has been noted.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.