Using Posts to populate static page other than post pages

I have several pages on different topics and was wondering if I could use “essential grid” or “the grid” as the foundation for these pages and populate the grids in each page using add new post. The idea would be to not post to my blog page but to the content pages that are set up as grids. Can this be done as? I can’t work it out. I can see something called a page post in the grid set ups but I can’t locate a page type post in my posting template ???

Cheers

Bill

Hi Bill,

The easiest way to achieve what you want is to use the category pages. Every new post on Post > Add New is part of default blog page, unless we exclude it by adding a custom function on the child theme. See this ethos demo where each category is displayed under Music menu link . As long as we tag each post on correct category, a post will be added on that category already. We don’t need to setup a static page. Although, yes, as an alternative we can also use essential grid or the grid plugin. Using that setup we have freedom to set it up the way we want it using the plugin skins. Regarding posting template, can you clarify which one you’re looking for? Depending on your setup, the template file is on this folder: \wp-content\themes\x\framework\views{stack}

Hope this helps.

Hi Lely, I am green at this , so this helps. I will get back if I have problems … Thank you

LelymI gather then that I need to add the tiled theme to my pro theme

Let me start again … Lely I gather then that I would need to install the child theme for Xpro

Hey there,

Yes, you need a child theme if you’re going to do customizations.

Thanks.