Using page slug to populate Essential Grid category?

Hi Guys,

I’m trying to do something similar to this post and use the Name/slug of a my page to populate the category of my Essential Grid so I don’t need to maintain multiple copies of the grid for all the pages I need to use it on and instead populate the category dynamically:

&

https://www.themepunch.com/essgrid-doc/custom-wp-queries/

Surely it must be possible between some combination of Additional Parameters in the Essential Grid builder and page metadata to feed this information to the grid as a category selection?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by X. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Hey Joao.

Thanks for the feedback but the X forum has a wonderful reputation for supporting it’s library of extensions and plugins as evidenced in the other thread.

I’m sure there is a reasonable simple solution here - does anyone else in the support crew perhaps have a bit more experience with Essential Grid?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

See this guide: https://www.themepunch.com/faq/advanced-additional-parameters/. On the meta query use the pagename parameter.

Hope this helps.