Using a Conditional to Show a Button on a Page

Hi,

I’m setting up a Careers page independent of any posts. I’d like for location buttons on the careers page to show up only if the Category “Open Positions” is checked on a Location Custom Post Type. I am unsure how to make this work.

I tried using:
Post Type is locations
Post has term Open Positions

This does not work. Do I need to set up a Looper Provider in the column where the buttons are located?

Thanks!
Jen

Hello Jen,

Thanks for writing in!

The button must be part of the Location custom post type so that your conditions will work. And yes, you must have a Looper Provider that will return the Location custom post type items. To better assist your with your issue, please allow us to check your page layout. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you! I have it all figured out now. I made the column the Looper Provider (using the locations posts and the Open Positions category) and a Div inside the consumer and then placed the button inside the Div and have it pulling in the location title and permalink that way.

Appreciate the nudge in the right direction.

Hello @petitshoo,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.