Use old cornerstone layout

Hi, I want to use the old cornerstone layout and not the new one.
I don’t like it, Im used to the old cornerstone. How can I get the layout back?

Hi there,

We encourage our users to have X and Cornerstone updated but if you want to use the previous version of Cornerstone, you will have to revert from your backup before doing the update.

Hope this helps.

Hi Jade,

That doesnt sound like a good advise. The plugins always need to be updated otherwise the site is vulnerable for attacks.
I just want to use the old layout of cornerstone not the one that looks like the pro.
I do a lot of coding myself and with the new layout you have to hit so many buttons to write some css or html and have to move switches and such… its totally different and I dont like working with it.

Is there a way to use the latest update, but have the older layout. So not the new one with the V2 like you have in your new article in support:
Cornerstone / Content Builder - Sections, Rows & Columns

– I just tried out the V2 Elements, but they dont seem to work. Just getting a gray box…

Hi there,

It depends on the update and what it’s for (if it’s for security purposes) hence, update details should be checked (always), and if you wish to use the older version of the cornerstone, then you may also revert the theme and even Wordpress core to the older version. Because it’s a chain effect, and if it’s going to be that way then it’s easier to restore the sites back to older versions at once.

One of the purposes of the updates is to fix the issues and conflict from previous versions, example, if Wordpress 4.0 has issues with cornerstone 2.0, then we’ll release cornerstone 2.1 for the fixes. Then if you decide to use cornerstone 1.9 then it means it’s faulty under Wordpress 4.0, which means, it’s either you update to cornerstone 2.1 or downgrade to Wordpress 3.0. Same explanation for other bundled plugins and theme.

I recommend restoring your site back to older versions.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.