I would like to have one image for the featured image on the portfolio page and then a different image as the main image on the portfolio item page (.single-x-portfolio). My initial thought is to use a jquery replaceWith function on the .entry-thumb. Do you have any other suggestions?
Hello There,
Thanks for writing in! A jQuery replace might be a good thing. The only problem is that where do you get a substitute image. Please keep in mind that WordPress only allows one featured image per post or portfolio item.
You may still use featured image and just display it in the portfolio page. In the single portfolio item page, you can hide the featured image and insert a different image in the content area that would serve as the image of the portfolio item.
Hope this helps.
That is what I want to do. How do you display the featured image on the portfolio page and then hide the featured image on the portfolio item page and insert a different image in the content area?
Never mind, I figured out how to do it. I made a gallery of the single image I wanted to appear as the main image on the page and clicked on the Gallery option under Media type in the portfolio item page. This made my gallery image the dominant image of the page. The featured image did appear in the third column but I just hid it with css .gallery-columns-3 .gallery-item { display: none; }
Glad to hear you found a solution.
Cheers!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.