URL's with ID's

This morning I noticed that URL’s with ID’s are behaving unlike in the past. A client wondered if it were possible to give someone a link to a specific part of our one-page site. I said of course. Then I set out to do it using the same kind of link I use in one-page navigation.

This is the link: https://1stgenyale.org#stem.

It would take the visitor to a Section with an ID of “stem.” It works in Chrome. It does not work in Safari or Firefox. And all of those browsers convert the URL “https://1stgenyale.org#stem” to the URL “https://1stgenyale.org/#stem”, adding a forward slash.

Is there a method to share a link that will actually take one to the specific div with a chosen ID?

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in, regretfully I cant replicate the issue on my end (in all browsers). I tried https://1stgenyale.org/#event that did navigate to correct section, and did not convert to https://1stgenyale.org#event, actually either way is fine.

Are you sure that is the correct page? I check that page and I dont see any section with stem ID, maybe that is the issue?

Cheers!

Today I do not see any problem either. ( !?! )

There is a blank row Div that has an ID of “stem”. I used the blank row because if I use the actual section containing the STEM Panel, my persistent navigation covers the header “STEM panel.” So I put in an empty row at the bottom of the previous section.

My apology for taking your time. :–)

Glad you’ve sorted it out.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.