Url issues

Hi,

We are having some url issues. It might be permalink related, but we are not sure.

https://www.blojfri.se/potträna
(or www.blojfri.se/potträna):
This is a category page.
If I type in the url into a new browser window it does not work. Instead I will come to a “Does not exist page”.
If I on the other hand go to www.blojfri.se and klick the menu link “Potträna” - the page loads just fine.


(or www.blojfri.se/potträning-på-3-dagar):
This is a normal page
If I type in the url into a new browser window it does not work. Instead I will come to a “Does not exist page”.
If I on the other hand go to www.blojfri.se, klick the menu link “Frågor & Svar” - the page loads just fine.

https://www.blojfri.se/potträning/ (or www.blojfri.se/potträning):
This is a normal page.
This page works just fine all the time, regardless if I go through an on page link or if I type the url into a new browser window.

  1. I need /potträna and /potträning-på-3-dagar to work all the time
    Edit: sometimes the /potträning-på-3-dagar does work when typing into the browser…

  2. How can it be that /potträning works and /potträning-på-3-dagar does not work?

Many thanks :=)
/Sofia

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s more on the rewrite and URL restriction, please change your post/page permalink without special characters such as å, ä, and etc. If the host is case sensitive with the requests and URLS then it will not work, example, if you uploaded an image with example.PNG and accessed it with example.png then it will not work too. This time, the special characters are converted into different characters (as Wordpress standard). Please check this https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

I recommend contacting a developer to see if there are any workaround to the special characters.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
We are using the same %C3%A4 in both /potträning and /potträna. But for some reason the link /potträna will not work when typed into a new browser window.

The link /potträning on the other hand works fine. So does /potträning-på-3-dagar

I’m guessing it’s because /potträna is a category page - and that is the reason for me asking here. Are category pages somehow handled differently? Since I have used the same encoding they should all work, not only the ones that are pages - right?

Thanks!
Sofia

Hello there,

Yes, you’re right. It is because /potträna is a category page.

For category pages to display, you need to update your permalink structure to: /%category%/%postname%/.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.