URGENT - SITE NOT Displaying Correct

Hey guys, after a few long stressful days I’ve moved my site to SiteGround. My site was displaying correctly until last night. The background images I assigned arent loading. They are there and selected but I am getting a plane white BKG. Also my page Gone2Soon is set up as portifolio, now when some click on its taking us to the archives.
Please help!
Thank you
https://candyronnie.com

Hey guys,

The folks at SiteGround helped me with this.

It looks like the issue was caused by the Autoptimize plugin.

It was resolved by doing this: WP Dashboard > Settings > Autoptimize. Removed all the ticks from all 3 minify options. Then emptied the autoptimize cache and now its fine.

Thank you!

Thanks for letting us know!

I am not sure what is going on but some images aren’t loading the background. I created today a blog post and selected a just generic black background but it won’t load.
I have saved the post a draft now, since I don’t know what is happening. I have not added any plugins or modified anything.

I was trying to fix defer parsing of JavaScrip - but when I added the code bellow, all my background images won’t load. can you tell me what it is that could be affecting the performance of my background images? Also what can I do to make the background black, even before the images load I can see the white background. Can we change that?

Thank you! Lucy
PS: You have a login above.

function defer_parsing_of_js($url)

{

//Specify which files to EXCLUDE from defer method. Always add jquery.js

$files = array('jquery.js', 'jquery.themepunch.tools.min.js', 'jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js');


if (!is_admin()) {

    if (false === strpos($url, '.js')) {

        return $url;

    }



    foreach ($files as $file) {

        if (strpos($url, $file)) {

            return $url;

        }

    }



    return "$url' defer='defer";

} else {

    return $url;

}

}

add_filter(‘clean_url’, ‘defer_parsing_of_js’, 11, 1);

Hello There,

The code only apply to the JS files. This should not affect your images. Since you are using SiteGround, could you please clear your cache or disable the supercacher in your hosting panel? The SuperCacher is developed by SiteGround exclusively for their customers. It increases the number of hits a site can handle and boosts the website loading speed. The SuperCacher includes 4 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. You can access the tool by clicking on the SuperCacher icon in your cPanel. For more information about this, please check it out here: https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/supercacher/supercacher_intro.htm

At the same time, I can see that you are using CloudFlare. Please make sure that you apply the suggested settings as instructed from this link: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope this helps.

Thank you! It is just so much information and so many different plugins.

I did cleared my cache, and created the page rule on Cloudflare.
Just like it says on this instruction, I also unchecked the JavaScript and CSS under Speed on my Cloudflare dashboard.

I added the code on this post to my function.php ( this time I had no problem with the images) but it seams that the code did not fix my " defer parsing of JavaScrip"

Is this something I have to worry?

Hi,

For defer parsing of JavaScript issue

Kindly refer to the link below

http://www.laplacef.com/2014/05/24/how-to-defer-parsing-javascript-in-wordpress/

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.