URGENT: Pro: Renew stack completely broken

Hello Themeco-Developers,

Since the new update of the Pro theme the renew stack is completely broken.
I just reinstalled WordPress because I thoght it was a issue with my WordPress installation but even with a fresh installation the Renew stack is still unusable.
Everything is shifted to the left. Elements overlap. The content gets shown without styling.
The problem occours since the last update of Pro.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Hi @KenDerGuru,

Thanks for writing in.

Please try to clear all site, browser and server caches. If still not working, please share us your admin credentials so we could check your setup closer.

Don’t forget to set it in a secure note.

Thanks.

This must be what is happening to me.
Link to thread here

Only purchased theme today on new WP install.
Theme is X and not Pro thoug.
http://livingeasyapartments.co.uk

The last hour I worked with another stack an created pages, posts and my custom header.

I just changed back to Renew stack and the issue is away :confused:

I am convinced the issue is still there but does only show in very specific conditions (f.e. an update from an older version of Pro or X OR when you have done a fresh install and some values are not set yet)

Maybe @KeepointLtd can reproduce the issue.

Everything is fresh out of the box on my side.
It’s a new WP install and only purchased and install theme X earlier today.
It did ask me to upgrade the theme and all the plugins which I did before downloading the demo I’m using.
I’ve had issues from the very start with Cornerstone not loading more often then not then the layout being completely out when I finished making the amends to the demo content…
I’ve disabled all the plugins and there’s obviously no cache to clear…

Hi Guys,

It’s most likely a cache issue.

@KeepointLtd

I checked your site and it looks fine on my end.

@KenDerGuru

Please keep in mind that in every update you need to clear your browser cache and plugin cache.

It’s possible to implement an update, and not have it take place because a cached version of the page or various resources are loading instead of the latest version.

THanks

I agree, that caching can cause various problems when updating, but that is probably not the issue in this case. Thats what I have done:

Before: everything works fine
After update: major layout issues

My steps to troubleshoot:

  • I completely disabled ANY caching or data optimizing feature of Cloudflare
  • I completely purged ANY cache handled by Cloudflare
  • I enabled developer mode in Cloudflare (disables caching completely)
  • I used four different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Chrome for Android)
  • I cleared all local caching of Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge
  • I reinstalled Firefox
  • I didn’t have installed ANY caching plugin for Wordpress
  • I completely purged the Wordpress installation
  • I completely purged the MySQL database
  • I downloaded the newest Wordpress version from Wordpress.com and installed it.
  • I downloaded the newest Pro version of themeco and installed it.

After a fresh reinstall, the only thing I did was changing the stack to Renew. And even with the default content after a fresh Wordpress and Pro installation the issue was there.

After that I decided to choose another stack and work a little bit on my content (to recreate my site.)

A few hours later I changed back to Renew and the layout issues were gone.

I can’t tell you what exactly went wrong and I can’t reproduce the issue, but after all these steps I really think it is NOT a caching issue, but a REAL issue in your sourcecode.

Even if I can’t help you now to fix it, I think it is important to mention, that there is definitely a problem.
Maybe the problem reoccurs at another user who is able to reproduce.

Yes, it would since I wasn’t getting a response, I scrapped teh site and did a fresh install.
I’m running the old versions of the template and Cornerstone.

Since so many are complaining of issues after updating, I’m not likely to update anything until they’ve been sorted.

Hello There,

We apologized for the very slow response. We have a huge number of tickets in the past few days which is why it would take us longer to respond. Well anyway, thank you for letting us know that you have reverted to X 5.1.1 and Cornerstone 2.0.6. Yes you are right, please only update when it is already in stable release.

I would also recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:


Best Regards.