Upgrading from Theme X 4.0.3 to 5.1.1

Everything is working just fine, but I need to upgrade. I am currently running Theme X 4.0.3 on WordPress 4.0.19. Does anyone know of any breaking changes? I just installed Cornerstone and I’m getting this message. I don’t want to remove anything until I know everything still works.

_X – Shortcodes is still active. Now that you’re using Cornerstone, X Shortcodes can be safely deactivated and deleted from the plugins page.

Ultimately, I would like to use Theme X SEO, but I don’t see how that works. This link provides no information on how to use Theme X SEO. https://theme.co/x/features/seo/ Does anyone have any information on how Theme X SEO works?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

UPDATE:

I deactivated X – Shortcodes and everything seems to work. I still don’t know how to use SEO or know if I need to upgrade X in order to do so.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Since you are way behind with several versions of X because at the moment we are already 5.1.1 and a new release update will be release soon, I would highly recommend that you create a staging site. This is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:


The SEO page (https://theme.co/x/features/seo/) is a little explanation how X is built with SEO in mind. For further SEO for your site, we recommend that you use Yoast SEO plugin. It has all the bells and whistle for you to have an optimize site.

Hope this helps.