Upgraded X site does not show website page preview on the customize menu

I upgraded my site using a staging site from 5.1.1 to the latest X version

When I try to customize I do not see the website appearance and get a message “the preview could not load…” like in the attached image

Any idea on how to fix?

Hi Uri,

Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties. The best place to start would be to run through the items in this article here. As the warning message suggests, the most likely cause would be a plugin conflict, and the article I linked to tells you how to test for that.

If you’re still having a problem after working your way through those troubleshooting steps, please reply with login credentials in a secure note for your site so that we can take a closer look. Please include:

• The link to the site login page.
  • The WordPress Admin username and password.

To add a secure note, click on the key icon beneath your post.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Matt
Unfortunately it is the "Polylang Version 2.7.3 " that creates the conflict and since my website is multilingual I cannot disable it.
Any suggestions on hoe to fix?
Will going back to previous versions of either X or Polylang help?
Thanks
Uri

Hey Uri,

With Polylang 2.7.3, please make sure that you have meet the following requirements:

• Requires WordPress: 4.9 or higher
  • Compatible up to: 5.4.2
  • Requires PHP: 5.6 or higher

To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/docs/getting-support

Regards.

Hi Uri,

Would you mind changing your permalinks to Post Name?

If that does not work, try adding the custom function provided here to your child theme’s functions.php file.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.