Upgraded to Pro 6.1.5 - line breaks and returns in text elements no longer work

Updated existing Pro theme to 6.1.5. Now when I enter text with line breaks or carriage returns into a text element… the moment I click away from the text element… the line breaks disappear. Formerly, these returns or breaks would auto translate to paragraph html or similar. Please advise. Thanks in advance!
i.e. the following:
line 1
line 2
line 3

appears instead as follows:
line 1 line 2 line 3

Hello @thomashankclark2,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your settings I would request you, please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

thanks for your help. Have tried the common issues without solving so far. Will add secure note with details. To be clear the issue is happening in the “canvas”, large area of the browser. The inspector area text editor does retain returns if used in visual mode. Puzzling. I also updated to Pro theme 6.1.6 after posting this note. Also does not solve the issue. Thanks in advance for your help!

The same happens for me, for quite some time now. Whenever I edit text in the canvas editor, formatting elements p and br are lost after exiting the editor.

Update: After updating to 6.16, the issue remains.

I’ve added a short video to show it:
http://tmpfile.peerdicken.com/themeco_lost_formatting.mov

Hi @thomashankclark2,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked the content on the specified page but didn’t find any break or br tag inside it.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 135505

I have checked it by using the Rich Text Editor where the new line converted to the p tag, and also the HTML editor by adding the br tag manually.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 135826

Screenshot 2023-03-09 135826

It is not very clear how you are adding the breaks into the content, if you are adding the HTML tag please use the HTML editor.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Yes, that is, because they just disappear. See my video.

Thanks for your help. This is a confusing issue, since there are three methods available to edit a text element. The “setup -> Content -> edit text -> html or Rich text” box in the inspector area off to the side does work and maintains the breaks inserted in either of those two edit methods.

The larger “canvas” area where the full web page layout is shown/simulated… is where the issue occurs. Editing the text element there drops all breaks the moment the cursor is placed elsewhere… just as shown in the movie posted by @pdckn

Has the editing feature set changed for text elements in the canvas area… or is this perhaps an issue with Pro 6.1.x and wordpress newer versions? (wordpress 6.1.x for example) I suppose our users can edit text only with the setup-> content etc “Inspector Tools” rather than clicking into the canvas, but I recall previous versions that we could simply click into a text element in the canvas to edit text quickly and easily. Even if our users were to edit text only with the Inspector… clicking into a text area in the canvas (even accidentally for a moment) immediately drops/deletes all the line break spacing.

Thanks in advance for clarification, advice, and help on this topic.

Hey @thomashankclark2 and @pdckn,

The line breaks are maintained in Pro 6.1.3 and I’ve replicated this issue in the latest version so I’m going to post this in our issue tracker so it will be queued to be investigated by our development team as this looks like a regression. There is no solution right now.

Thank you for reporting.

Thanks very much! Glad there is not an issue with my install etc Much appreciated!

You are most welcome, @thomashankclark2.

Same here, thanks @ruenel!