Upgrade to Pro & rebuild site

I recently upgraded to PRO. I cloned my site to a staging area and uploaded PRO. To put it mildly it’s a mess and I’m okay with that. I want to start from scratch. My site had issues with the big update of X in the fall, so I wasn’t surprised. It needs a do-over.

My question is, How can I utilize all the options/features of PRO while rebuilding my site without updating my current site? I was not able to view anything from Design Cloud and I’m curious. I know It’s going to take a bit of time to redesign. I do have another X license, Should I swap that one for my existing site and use the PRO for the staging area?

Trying not to over complicate this!

Hi there,

You can attach the a live and a staging domain to each license that you have.

Since you already have Pro license and you want to revamp your current site without touching it while developing the new version, I suggest that you clone the live site and place it in your domain as a subdomain and set it as the staging site.

If you are uncertain on how to clone your site or setup a staging site, you may get in touch with your Web Host as they can assist you with this.

Once you have the staging site setup, you can validate it by adding it’s URL as the staging URL on your licenses page.

You can then start building your site using Pro and make the changes that you want.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I have cloned my site and set up a staging subdomain already. I just wasn’t sure about validating the license. Thank you for clarification. Excited to get started!

You’re welcome, @labaines. We hope you’ll enjoy using Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.