Upgrade broke social, menu and fonts!

Hey guys. Updated today from 8.3.3 to 9.0.8 and the formatting has gone to hell! I’ve got a grey background, the social links at the top of the page are just boxes, the font is horrible, the menu is dark blue on a grey background, the sidebar has disappeared and all the elements that were there are now underneath the page content (needless to say, it wasn’t like this before!). Can anyone help me to easily change it or do I have to go into each element again individually to fix it (and if the latter, can anyone point me to a resources to remind me how to do that…haven’t done it since the last time an update killed my formatting!) PS should updates kill my formatting or am I not doing something??? Thanks a million for your help. Donna. (Distressed, UK)

Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing in, you updated X to the latest version (9.0.8), but you leave Cornerstone behind (5.0.10). Please update Cornerstone too to its latest version (6.0.8).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Ok great, thanks so much for the swift response. I’ll update Conerstone now. Yes, that did it!!! A zillion thank yous - have made a note I need to update Cornerstone at the same time when I do an X update. (user error as usual!) Thanks again, I’m so grateful, I was expecting a frustrating day of playing with formatting. :smiley:

Hello @DH663,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.