Updating X results in white screen

Hi

I updated to the latest version of X yesterday but when I did, my site wouldn’t load. All I could see was a white screen.

So I rolled back to a previous version of X and all was well again.

My site: broughtonschoolofmotoring.com

I am reluctant to update X again until I know it will work ok!

Can you assist?

WP-debug was set to false when the theme was updated unfortunately.

Hello Steve,

We’re sorry to hear that you are having issues updating your site.

You can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please provide us with the admin details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

When I set WP_DEBUG to True, I can’t access the WP dashboard. All I get is: https://ibb.co/sgX5GMK

After editing the WP-config file, I still can’t login to the dashboard, all I see is:

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function nocache_headers() in /var/sites/b/broughtonschoolofmotoring.com/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php:36 Stack trace: #0 /var/sites/b/broughtonschoolofmotoring.com/public_html/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /var/sites/b/broughtonschoolofmotoring.com/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php on line 36

Nothing to do with X, I’m sure! But not sure how to fix it.

Hi @stevetheadi,

First please CLEAR your WP Fastest Cache plugin and deactivate it for a while.

Then, please provide us login credentials (wp-admin and FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.