Updating very old version to newest

Hi,

A customer of mine has bought your theme a few years ago. Lately she choose us as an hosting company. We ran into some issues and would like to update the website to the newest version. So we bought a license but I think the current version is so old that more needs fixing.

She has X v6.5.4 and after the latest updates she got a lot of errors. By updating to the newest version we only see a white page (without errors). When looking at the source I saw a differnence in files as in the old theme there were template files.

Is there a way to easily update to the newest version? If not, is it possible to get a refund of my purchase today? Because then we will build her theme with our own framework.

Kind regards,

Arjan

Hi Arjan,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can please copy your live site to a staging server and update the Theme. And, if everything goes fine in your staging please try by migrate from the staging server to live. Please remember to take a backup of your live site and the database before performing the migration.

Thanks

Yeah well, that was what I tried (and try to describe) but I got no errors with WP_DEBUG on but I do get a white page.

I also looked in the server error logs but no errors…

Hey Arjan,

Would you mind sharing the staging credentials so that we can take a look? please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Staging Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.