Updating to x theme 9.01 -- cornerstone 6.0.1 broke my site

Chiming in here to say I’m in the same boat as the posters below. What’s the best way to proceed?

What versions should I roll back to if that’s the best route for now? Or are you putting out a fix?

Thanks!

HI @aaronschmidt,

Thanks for reaching!

Would you mind sharing your credentials so we can take a closer look at the site? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Cool. Just added. Thanks!

Sorry, just updated the note with the correct login name!! It auto corrected before.

Thanks @aaronschmidt,

I’ve checked your site and I’m not seeing anything out of place at the moment. Some recent inquiries have been in regards to header/footer/navigation styles being missing but that all seems functional on your site.

Is it possible that this was just a caching issue now resolved?

If you’re still seeing something wrong, would you mind advising in a bit more detail what we should look into? Thanks!

Not a caching issue as far as I can tell. Issues that I’m seeing with a quick review.

Main nav / menu is broken. There’s a hamburger menu icon even on desktop viewport and the items are in a random place on the page.

Margins / padding values are incorrect in certain places.

Any ideas?

I think it’s caching the previous version in your browser. This is what I’m seeing (adding image in secure note)

Well I’ll be darned!!! Cleared the browser cache again and it is good to do.

Sorry to bother!

No worries! Thanks for confirming with us.

Hmm, still having problems – some blank pages as others have noted. For example: https://chapelhillpubliclibrary.org/about-chpl/library-board/

I read on the forum about problems with classic elements. I bet these pages are using some of those. Is a fix still on the way?

Thanks!

Pages seem to render okay if I add a new element to the page and save it. But if I remove it, the page reverts back to not displaying. I’ going to (temp) fix some pages but not the one I linked above.

Thanks @aaronschmidt,

That distinction really helps - I’m trying to discern why that page isn’t loading. I’m going to install a patched version of X and Cornerstone on your site so don’t be alarmed if you see the version number change.

Ok, I think we have it fixed now. Would you mind just checking that page and any others you were seeing that had problems? I’ve installed a patched version on your site but you can safely update via automatic updates when the official release is published.

:+1: :+1: looking good as far as I can tell. thanks much, and hope these wonky updates haven’t been completely crazy for you all.

Thanks for confirming! Glad to hear that. I really appreciate you sharing access to your site as it helped us quickly isolate this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.