Updating to 1.1.1 loses styles & formatting

Hi,

I just updated to 1.1.1 and a lot of our styling went missing.

I will attach a few images, which you can compare to our (now recovered) website.

Our developer didn’t install a child theme, and we’ve been adding a bunch of custom CSS. But I think the child theme is irrelevant here.

That being said, I just tried installing the Pro Child Theme and it broke a different set of things on the site.

My questions are:

  1. how do I update without styles breaking?
  2. how do I install a child theme without other things breaking?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for writing in! please clear all caching plugin/feature the site might have after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Where did you add your custom CSS? is it on the parent style.css file? If so, then you need to install a child theme to move those custom CSS on the child theme style.css file or else you will lose your custom CSS on theme update.

If it is the custom CSS on customizer/theme option, then those should be fine. Please install a Pro child theme like how you installed a theme normally.

Cheers!