Updating theme from version 5.1.5 to 6.3.5 not going well

Hey there,

We have an older version of the theme installed on one of our websites and I tried to update it, but every time I tried to update the header or page, it’s returning an error -
“This element could not render due to invalid markup. You may have unclosed HTML tags in your content.”

I even went through website logs, I didn’t find anything which could break it.

Can you assist me in figuring this out?
Thanks!

Hello @klevur,

Thanks for writing to us.

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If none of those work, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @prakash_s

Thanks for writing us back, I followed your instructions; I updated the PRO theme and then pushed these changes to the staging website and troubleshoot a few of the common issues you provided the document with.

And found that one of the plugins is conflicting with the PRO theme’s new version which is "Rank Math SEO PRO*. This plugin was breaking the editor.

Thanks!

Hi @klevur,

Glad that you are able to find the reason behind your problem. I would suggest you contact the plugin author on this and let us know the feedback.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.