I see it has been recommended I update my PHP, I use godaddy, I’ve read the documentation and I don’t see any procedures other than going to our hosting and updating. I am currently using version 5.4, they are now offering 7.1 and seems to be as easy as clicking update, though I am hesitant, are there any precautionary practices I should apply before updating? Also, GoDaddy gives options when updating, should I just use the “defaults”
thank you
Hello @cjdrocks,
Thanks for asking. 
There is no need to change the default configurations, for most of the use cases default config work fine. In case you are not comfortable in updating PHP, you can get in touch with Godaddy support team and they should do it for you at no extra cost.
Thanks.
Thank you, and 7.1 is fine?
Hi There,
Just avoid the latest release which would be v7.2.x. Other than that, you can select any version 5.6.x or later. In your case, 7.1.x would be alright.
Also from the settings, if you can set PHP max script execution time to 120 or higher, that would be great.
Make sure PHP cURL extension is enabled and the other default settings would be fine.
Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.