Updating from WAAAY Back

Hi there. I am trying to get a client brought up to the current version of X from a very old version 3.2.1. So two things:

  1. When I go to their Envato Marketplace (Themeforest), will the purchase they made in 2014 now download the CURRENT version of X?
  2. When I try to install the latest version of X, I am getting “Installation Failed - Destination Folder Already Exists”. This was before automatic updates I think.
    Thanks for any insight!
    Marty

Hello there,

Thanks for writing in!

Yes you can download the latest version from themeforest, you bought once and you’ll get lifetime free updates :slight_smile: The files you get from themeforest download is the latest one.

If you’re getting this warning while updating, you might want to upload and replace the theme files via FTP. Another easy solution would be using this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

Let us know if you face any issues. We’ll be more than happy to help.

P.S It’s always better to have backups before updating.

Best regards.

The plugin worked like a charm! Thanks!

Glad to hear it! Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.