Updating Cornerstone Fails, Site Crashes

Hey folks,

I’ve got a weird issue—simple, but complicated too.

When I try to update Cornerstone, I get confirmation that it worked… and then the dreaded white screen Internal Server Error 500. I’ve tried it a few times with no luck.

I’ve got 20 other sites on X and have never seen this issue—but I’d really prefer not to have to keep restoring the site!

Thanks.

Luke Finsaas
[email protected]

Hi there Luke,

Thanks for writing in!

Are you updating X or Cornerstone first? Try updating X first, then Cornerstone and ensuring all caching is disabled before the update, then re-enable after the update.

As it’s an internal server error, there should be a error logged in your hosts error log, if you could ask your host for that, as that’ll help shed light on the issue.

Thanks!

Updating X first and then Cornerstone worked! Kinda a weird problem, but hey, glad we could figure it out.

Thanks so much.

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad updating X, then Cornerstone plugin has worked for you.

Cheers.