Updating a page failed. The response is not a valid JSON response

We’re having trouble updating a page in Cornerstone. We’re seeing this error message: “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.” We tried turning off all the plugins to see if it’s a problem with one of them, but the issue still persists. Have you encountered this issue before, or do you have any suggestions for fixing it? Thanks.

Hello @momentum,

Thanks for writing to us.

In order to help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @momentum,

I have checked and found the issue you described. It might be a problem due to the improper update of Pro. I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and reinstall it by downloading it from your Themeco Account once again, and check if that resolves your issue. If not, there might be mod_security enabled on your site, which causes the issue when calling the Cornerstone endpoint. If that is the case, you need to contact your hosting service provider to temporarily disable the ModSecurity for you and make the Cornerstone endpoints whitelisted. If that does not help, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access to the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

@tristup Hi! I already reinstalled the theme but it didn’t solve the issue. I contacted our hosting provider and here’s the reply:
"Please note that we do not use mod security on our servers at Cloudways as it’s linked with cpanel which is not offered on Cloudways.

For the whitelisting, we only block IPs over port 22 that is for SSH/SFTP connections. Are there any IPs that they could provide to be whitelisted else if they are connecting through the browser that is over port 80/443 there shouldn’t be any blocking. "

I’ve also added our staging credentials in the Secure Note. Thanks.

Hi @momentum,

You can ask your Hosting Service Provider to make the Cornerstone endpoints whitelisted. And then check if that resolves your problem or not. I would also request you update the PHP version to 8.0 and check if that helps.

Thanks

Hi,

Our hosting provider has no idea what you are referring to when you say to whitelist the cornerstone endpoint. Please be more specific. Thanks.

@tristup @prakash_s

They do not see the endpoints being blocked by the server in any way, as they do not have a firewall in place that could be blocking it.

They’ve also updated PHP version to 8.0 from 7.4. But it didn’t solve the issue. Please check. We already gave you credentials for both live and staging sites.

Hello @momentum,

I tried to upload a fresh copy of the Pro theme on your server but I was not able to upload it, In order to help you with your concerns I would request you please share the FTP login details also that we can check it on our end.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.