Updated X to Pro, unable to view Live site

Good evening.

We recently upgraded to Pro and I see on our licenses that we have a staging and live site, so I entered the respective sites in there in hopes I would be able to continue to work on the staging site but push the updates to the live site when ready.

On the backend I see that the live site is not verified, but there is a license associated with it. The staging site appears to work just fine and I can view the website itself, but on the live site after migrating the database over all I get are redirects and time outs when attempting to view the live site. The backend is still available and I can make changes to things, so that appears to be working.

My assumption is that I did the migration incorrectly, or am I correct that we do not necessarily get a live site and staging site license and that is what I messed up during the conversion?

Hi There,

Thanks for sending us the issue.
Regarding your licence issue, please remove the site from your apex dash board and try to revalidate again.
And Let us know if its works.

Regarding your migration issue, seems your backend is working fine, and you are not able to see the website.
This may cause due to parma link setting. Please check the setting again and save it.
If still you are getting the issue, please provide us your website Login details in a secure note so that we can have a look.

You can refer this article for parma link setting.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Settings_Permalinks_Screen

Thanks

Hi There,

Thank you for the information provided. The issue that I have identified is SSL related when loading your site using HTTPS.

YourSiteName dot com uses an invalid security certificate. 

The certificate is only valid for the following names: 
*.webfaction.com, webfaction.com 
Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Could you please try loading your site using just HTTP and it should work now (https://snag.gy/cBQ06i.jpg).

Thanks!

Excellent, so one problem solved. However, the live site still will not validate using the license key, even after revoking it. Also, I do not see the Custom Header creator on the staging site, which appears to be validated correctly using the Pro license key.

Hi There,

It seems that you have upgraded to Pro, but your live site still using X theme. So that Pro license key will not work on your X site. You need to download Pro theme and install it on your live site as well.

Hope that’s clear.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.