Updated X Theme from 4 -> 7, Cornerstone 1 -> 4. Lots of site broken

Hello,

I just updated my themes so I could support newer versions of jQuery and avoid hacking vulnerabilities.

Unfortunately a lot of the design of my website has been broken. Our live website is securew2.com which is not updated and fine, I am attaching images from our staging website which is breaking due to the update.

I suspect a lot of it is that raw html blocks in my WPBakery Builder has been changed to Text, with Text Output tags at the bottom and top.

Is there a solution that doesn’t involve going through and manually editing all my pages?

Best,
Micah

I’m also seeing the title and author of every page show up, which I don’t want.

Hello Micah,

Thanks for writing in!

It seems that you are using Visual Composer or the WPBakery Page Builder. Please go to WPBakery Page Builder > Genera Settings and then enable the "Legacy X Integration" option.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This fixed some things.

I am still seeing the title and author show up, even though I have it disabled in WPBakery Page Builder.

Do you know how I might fix this?

My menu is also broken too, and I can’t fine these settings in the new customize screen of X.

I just realized that none of my Child Theme CSS is loading on any of the pages.

How do I enable this?

Hi Micah,

Would you mind providing us the staging site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look?

In the meantime, please clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.