Updated Pro and now page edits don't save to front end

Hi there, I recently updated my version of pro to the newest and then proceeded to edit several pages. These pages look great in the preview and appear to work fine while I’m logged in. However, if I view in a different browser, another device, or while logged out the changes don’t appear and it shows the previous version of my page. However, it seems the edits are saving because if I go back to edit the page they are there, but they never transfer to the front end.

I have tried some trouble shooting: turning off plugins, etc.

Please help.

What it looks like when logged in to wordpress:

What it looks like when logged out of wordpress (defaults to uneddited page):

Also, this occurs for all pages I try to edit. Nothing gets through to the front end properly unless I’m viewing while logged in.

Thank you,

Nick

Hello Nick,

Thanks for writing in! Your issue could be caused by a plugin conflict, amongst other things. Please check out this troubleshooting article here and follow the instructions for the following sections (where appropriate):

Testing for Plugin Conflict
Theme Update
Child Theme
CSS/JS Customization
Increasing PHP Memory Limit
Disabling Cache
Disabling CDN

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Yes, I did find that list of troubleshooting items and still couldn’t solve the problem. Here’s the info. Thanks for your help!

Hi @noumenon,

Thank you for the credentials, as we suspect the issue is related to caching, I notice that you have an SG Optimizer plugin deactivated, but I think the cache of this plugin has not been clear before being deactivated.

I did go ahead and clear its cache and that seems to resolve the issue. Please clear your browser’s cache on your end.

Hope it helps!
Cheers,

Hey, thank you so much! I wouldn’t not have figured that out. You’re a lifesaver!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.