Updated from old version of X theme, layout gone from contained to fullwidth

I’ve just updated from a very very old version to the new version.

Pre updating to new version of theme, my layouts on site made with Visual composer were previously on the ‘No container, header, footer’ template and show correctly on the site - eg fullwidth sections are fullwidth, but I can have a contained section to 1200px wide.

After the update on the same page template all my previously ‘contained’ sections are now full width, so the layouts for all my pages are now messed up and not displaying well.

I can’t see a way to fix this without rebuilding every page from scratch… is there a solution?

Even I I did rebuild pages in Visual Composer I can’t see a way to have some sections fullwidth, then some contained?

Trying to avoid re-building every page in Cornerstone.

Hello @austin777,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked the given site URL it seems that there is a JS console error, it might be the issue of plugin conflict or a custom JS code issue which might be one of the reasons behind your issue. I would suggest you please have a look at this doc to learn more about how to get rid of this issue.

I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact page URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks - I have updated the plugin causing this issue and resolved the JS errors showing here.

Hasn’t affected the layout issue so my question is still relevant - basically how can I revert to the previous setup where I can have a mixture of both full width and contained sections in a visual composer layout as per the old site.

Login attatched in secure note.

Hi @austin777,

Unfortunately, the given credentials are not working for the WordPress admin URL. Can you please check and send it once again?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.