Update Wiped my Website Clean

I just logged in to make some minor changes to my site and noticed that cornerstone was deactivated because of an error saying a file was missing. I first updated wordpress, then went to update my theme and Themeco plugins and when I did, all themeco plugins stopped working, showing a page with with raw code. I went to check what was going on and saw that X Theme button on the side had been removed, though wordpress said I was still using X Theme. Then I went into my plug-ins and tried to activate Cornerstone and I received a critical error and I could no longer access any aspect of my wordpress page, front-end or backend. I went to the hosting site and saw that all my plug-ins and data was wiped clean and now it says I have no theme, no plug-ins and even the basic Bluehost plug-in cannot be reinstalled. My entire webpage has been frozen by X Theme faulty code.

I can’t even deactivate any plug-ins to try to fix this. There is nothing on my hosting page anymore. I can’t log-in to wordpress, I can’t even modify the page anymore or use a back-up to recover it.

Hello, @tadbeavers,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you use FTP to deactivate the plugin. Using FTP go to the wp-content/plugins/. Now rename the plugin one by one to check which plugin causing the issue. In case if it is not working for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.