Update to Theme X 8.1x Cornerstone 5.x unable to edit site

Hello,
We are having issues with the latest Theme X update 8.11. Since updating to latest versions, Cornerstone cannot launch. It does however work if we remain with prior Version 7 and Cornerstone 4.x. Essentially when launching an edit with Cornerstone 5.x activated in (8.11) as edit plugin, we get a white screen with endless “Wheelie”. We have tried to delete and reinstall 5.x standalone but problem remains the same. Please advise as we would like to be able to edit using update theme x 8.11 with cornerstone 5.x ; we are using latest WP version. I don’t believe other plugins are the issue as the problem remains when they are deactivated in the troubleshooting. Thank you.

Hello @skyking007,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your 3 sites powered by the X theme and it seems that it is reverted back to X theme 7.2.3. Could you please update to the latest versions again?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.11
  • Cornerstone 5.011

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello ruenel,
yes it did revert back to 7.x as it was the only way to edit site with Cornerstone (4.x).
I tried all the suggestions to no avail (plugin process, delete Cornerstone and reinstall Cornerstone 5.x, etc.)

Hello @skyking007,

It is always advised to take a full backup of the site files and database before update the theme, plugin or WordPress core. I would suggest you to copying your live website to your staging area. then update your theme, plugins and WordPress core to the latest version as per our version compatibility after updating the theme, plugin and WordPress please check your site.

If it doesn’t work then please troubleshoot with our troubleshooting guide as mentioned by my colleague.

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL (Staging Server)
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details (Staging Server)

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

thank you for the response and details. Appreciated

You’re welcome, @skyking007.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.