Update to Pro 5.0.8 - lost background pattern in footer

Dear sirs.

After updating the Pro theme to 5.0.8 I lost the pattern in the footer. I can’t find any settings to change/control that part.

if I check the css the .x-colophon background color is set to #fff… ok… I guess I’ll overwrite this to none, because turning this off in the console works fine.

Thank you very much for any hint.
Kind regards

ok I had to set the transparency of that css property to 0. now it works. But it’s odd though.

Hello @VRANKOVINA,

Glad that you were able to fix your issue by yourself.

Have a great day!
Thanks

Well right. It still does not solve the issue though. Where can I set the background for the footer and header to a pattern or an image like in the theme options “layout and design”?

The setting in the layout options seems to be ignored in the footer.

It would be a charm if the header and footer would have similar option independent of the general setting.

Hello Ondrej,

You are using the Pro theme. You can simply edit your custom header/footer and then insert the background pattern in your bar settings. Just make sure to clear your plugin caches since you are using a 3rd party performance plugin so that all your header/footer changes will be applied and displayed automatically.

Hope this helps.

Background yes
Pattern no
And if I have some repeating pattern in the background of the whole page and I set it for the bar separately, it gets its own position and will not match with the background of the page.

In addition: what if I have 3 bars in the footer? I’m talking about convenience.

Coming back to the “charm” comment of mine: It would be a charm to be able to turn background or background pattern for the headers and footers off. The thing that puzzles me is, for the header it works without having to set anything, for the footer it does not.

Hi Ondrej,

If you set a pattern to the Bar of Header or Footer it will adjusted based on the height and the width of the Header & Footer. That is why it is matching with the page background. And this does not depend on the number of bars in the Footer.

Regarding the Footer transparency, you can find the Transparent Footer option in the Theme Options > Stack as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

ah there it is… Thanks a heap.
Kind regards.

You are most welcome Ondrej

well… duh… I’ve checked the settings of the footer as suggested and transparent footer was actually on.
didn’t work.
So I went back to my css solution.

Hi Ondrej,

I have temporarily commented out the CSS code at Theme Options > CSS and enable the Transparent Footer from Theme Options and it works after clearing the cache.
If you are still seeing anything else, I would suggest you check once by clearing all types of cache and in incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

I actually testet it in icognito mode in mozilla and edge browser. and deleted all history and cache in WP backend and all the browsers.

Well you’ve said you commented out the CSS…

One more thing to footer and content dock
a) Z position of the content dock is underneath the footer divs. So there is no way to check the “don’t show again” cookie… and if the footer is higher than the content dock, it’s not even possible to close it.
b) the “don’t show again” cookie does not really work. And I agree to all cookies.

Hi Ondrej,

This is very weird, I have commented out that code only but at that time it worked. And I tried to replicate the exact step to replicate the issue, but that does not happen to my local environment.

There might be some different reasons behind your issue, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Theme Related Issue
2.Plugin Conflict
3.Theme Update related issue
4.Child Theme Related issue
5.CSS/JS Customization
6.Disabling Cache

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If the issue was caused by our theme, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

here you go

Hi Ondrej,

I have investigated and found that it only happens if the custom Footer is assigned. I suspect this could be a bug and will report it to the developers for further investigation.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.