Update to latest version and header menu disappears

Hi there, I’ve recently attempted to update our theme and builder to their latest versions - X and WP Bakery.

We ran the updates, the new versions were live, and the site had a few minor visual aspects to tidy up, but all in all it was successful. The only issue we ran into was the main navigation menu disappeared along with the header. As we were not able to resolve the issue in a timely manner we rolled back the website to the latest back-up.

Any insight into what would cause the header/navigation to be missing from the site? Is this common when updating from old versions of X and WP Bakery to the latest versions?

I haven’t been able to find other help in the forums.

Thank you,

Hi Damen,

Thanks for reaching out.

It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi @marc_a - I have updated my information in a secure note - with details.

Thank you, I look forward to your assistance with troubleshooting this issue.

Hi Damen,

Thanks for creating a staging area in order for us to test for something.

I just tried to update your theme manually because you are using an old theme 2.2.0 which is an older version. Then when I uploaded the 7.2.3 version of X theme, I can confirm that the menu disappear. I’ve been looking why the menus disappear and found out its due to your child theme customization. Regretfully, customization like in the child theme is outside the scope of our theme support. You may seek 3rd party developers to help you with your problems or you can avail One where we can answer questions outside of the features of our theme.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a - thank you for looking into that for me. I appreciate your help and feedback.

Mark

You are most welcome @unispray65

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.