Update to Cornerstone 5.0.9 breaks site

Hi,
I just updated Cornerstone to 5.0.9 and it breaks the site. If I disable it from the backend (on Siteground), the site comes back up, but when I reinstall the plugin and then activate it, the site goes down again. My X is up to date. I’ve done this several times with the same results. Thanks for your help.

site: savethepostoffice.com
WP version: 5.6
X version: 8.0.9

They will want screenshots. I have similar issues, when updating cornerstone it breaks the homepage. I am using cornerstone shortcodes like [cs-content] and that doesnt load so a whole page of text is blank. I reported it and the guy just visited my website, saw everything is working (I backed up the old cornerstone so yeah, the page is not blank) and said its working. I am still waiting for reply. Are you also using cornerstone shortcodes and getting blank pages?

My homepage doesn’t use Cornerstone per se, so thankfully no issue there, but other pages that use Cornerstone are obviously not functioning with the plugin disabled (they just show the code) and there are other issues, like tag archive not working, which may be related.

I am on the old version so the homepage is working until they fix it. Are you on theme x ? Can you test the loading speed of theme x 8.08 vs 8.09? I suspect 8.09 (the latest version so far) is weighing on the performance.

Hi @Hudsonpilot and @Bark201,

Thanks for reaching out.

We’re sorry if you experiencing that issue but we would like to check what causing the issue. First, I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for the suggestions. Not surprisingly, the problem was a plugin conflict. I should have checked that first! Happy Holidays!

Hi @Hudsonpilot,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you. If you have any other concerns regarding our theme features, feel free to reach us.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.