Update plugin not functioning

Hi,
I’m trying to update the plugins via wordpress (I’m using Pro - Integrity stack). I’ve done everything possible that I’ve read on various forums: checked the folders permissions, update the wordpress, Deactivated the Pro child theme and activate default WP theme (twentyFourteen)… There is nothing that changes the situation.
When I try to update a plugin the following message appears: “Update Failed: Internal Server Error.” or “Update Failed: Could not copy file.”

Thanks/ Regards,
Anita

Hello Anita,

Thanks for writing in!

Please check the file ownership. Ideally WordPress files and folder should be owned by the same process under which PHP is running. You can confirm this with your hosting provider. If you are comfortable with terminal please refer following post to change ownership:

As per the details shared, in preliminary investigation you have checked the file permission. Ideally the file permission should be 0755 for the folders and 0644 for the files. Can you please confirm?

You can also try to delete the plugin from Plugins > Installed Plugins and then try to reinstall from Pro > Overview > Extensions. This will fetch the updated files from repository.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use secure note while sharing login credentials.

Hi,
I’ve tried to delete the plugin but it says that the plugin can’t be completely removed.

As per the details shared, in preliminary investigation you have checked the file permission. Ideally the file permission should be 0755 for the folders and 0644 for the files. Can you please confirm? > I confirm.

Regards,
Anita

Hi There,

Upon testing, I cannot even install new plugins from WordPress repository. Which means either your disk space is full or some hosting configuration does not allow to execute these functions.

Please contact your hosting provider to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.